Friday, November 21, 2008

How old am I?


Last night was opening night for the Twilight movie. Vanessa put it best when she said "It's like a nation wide girls night out!" It's no secret that I am a total night owl so I was game for going to the 12:30 A.M. showing with 12 of my girlfriends. (Yes, that's A.M., as in thirty minutes after midnight)
The theater was an absolute NUTHOUSE! We drove around the parking lot looking for a parking space...AT MIDNIGHT! We finally found a "close" spot....exactly two spaces away from the very furthest from the theater. It was shoulder to shoulder people and we stood in line for twenty minutes just to get popcorn. The theater had a "pre party" that was Prom based, to coincide with the prom scene in the movie. High school girls were there in full-on prom attire. It was a riot! We settled into our seats, popcorn, 44 oz diet cokes, and chocolate in hand, and anticipated seeing the Cullens for the first time on the big screen. Cat calls, hollering, and crazy acting hormone filled grown women filled up the next two hours. After the movie, we stood around chatting, then I sat and talked to Dawn in the car when I took her home (We haven't had a chance to chat in a while), and when I "snuck" in the back door to my house, the clock said 4:34a.m. I felt like a high school kid myself, sneaking in past curfew. Of course, back in high school, I didn't have four little boys I had to get up with at 6:45a.m. When my alarm went off, I SWEAR I had just fallen asleep. Needless to say, I was a pretty useless mom today. I cleaned one room and attended Parent Teacher Conferences....that was the extent of my accomplishments. I suddenly was having flashbacks to my college days of a couple hours of sleep, followed by a 10 hour day in clinicals where I would take every opportunity to sneak into an empty exam room and suck on some O2 to try and get rid of my sleep deprivation headache. Today was torture on my old body..........and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Anybody up for the midnight showing of Harry Potter next month???

7 comments:

Ali said...

I wish I could've been there with you. Boo Hoo. But I'm glad you had such a good time. And that the movie was good. I want to see it sometimes before it goes out of the theater.

BTW I tagged you on my blog. You're it!

Anonymous said...

I think those late nights in college followed by 10 hour clinicals totally prepared us for motherhood! "Precursers" is what I call them. How else would we be such great moms? We knew what we were doing! (BTW...I miss those days.)

Brian and Melissa said...

I am totally there with you!!! Love the midnight showings!!!

Danika said...

I had an absolute BLAST with Reagan at the premier here in Boston. My favorite part was when Edward pulled Bella on his back and started climbing the super tall tree. Reagan shouted, "I wanna ride Edward!!!" Too funny. I completely agree, premiers are the way to go!

Reggs said...

I will totally go see Harry Potter with you! But I warn you, I will be the loud obnoxious person yelling, "OH YAH VOLDEMORT, TAKE-IT-OOOOFFF!!!!"
LOLOL!!!

Our Family said...

Um hi. Have you seen my friend? Her name is Lisa and she's disapeared. I tried to e-mail her a few weeks ago, nothing. Her blog is abandoned. WHERE COULD SHE BE???

I miss you.

Love,
Mel

Dee said...

You crack me up. I must be right there with you. Tomorrow night I take Kelsie and 2 of her friends to the 12 pm show. It doesn't open here till then. Of course the other moms are going too, I am not that crazy!!! Kelsie will of course be "calling in sick" on Friday to school. She can't really take a science test on 4 hours of sleep at 12 years old like we used to at 20. I will let you know how it goes!:)