Saturday, September 6, 2008

Los Alamos, NM

In August, we loaded everybody up in the van and headed south to Los Alamos, NM. Home of the top secret government lab. My Uncle actually works there. All I know is he supervises 1400 people and that's all he can tell me.....or else he'd have to kill me. Although I'm pretty sure he's hiding a UFO in his backyard garden. The corn is so tall you can't see it, I'm convinced. We made the trip to attend his wedding, see my Grandma (who's health is failing), and get together with family members, some of whom I haven't seen since I was 16. I love when we get to spend time with Jerry, Kirsten and the boys. It doesn't happen often enough. Even though it was a short trip, it was worth the drive to spend time with family. Here's a few pics.

9 comments:

Ali said...

I've been to Los Alamos!! AKA "The Atomic City". I had a roommate from there. She was actually my roommate for 3 years!! Anyway, I LOVE L.A., NM. I'm glad you had a good time. We should get together and talk about southwest cooking. I love green chilies!!

Reggs said...

I love all these pix, but my favorite has to be of noah with logan on his back in the pool. Cute faces, love those kids. I also love all the boys in the striped shirts! Like your very own bumblebees. :)

Reggs said...

OH! and PS...I saw that you were reading the last lecture. If you go to ABC.com, you can watch the entire primetime episode about it. I CRIED MY EYES OUT.

Anonymous said...

Lis,
It was soooo much fun having you all up there for the festivities =) I love all the pictures of you with grandma! Come back and visit soon!!!
<3333 Geege

Abigail said...

cute! looks like you had a ton of fun! I sure do miss you guys. I think you fell off the face of the earth. ;)

sorensen formula said...

All these pics are soo cute, hard to pick my favorite. Your boys are so cute. I glad you had a good trip and could go see your grandma.

Abigail said...

I saw your hubby in class today, but where you we're I have no idea! :) I miss you!!! VERY MUCH!

Katrina said...

Wow, I didn't know about the UFO in the corn field. What does he do with it in the winter? Now I want one...
Truly awesome pics, and now we get to see the originals. :D Hooray!

Brian and Melissa said...

You have the cutest family and boys.. You are always having fun!!! I need to come play!