Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Logan!


The inevitable is happening. My baby is getting older. Last month (yes, I know I'm behind on posting) Logan turned two! In some ways I can't believe it's been two years, and in other ways it seems like an eternity ago that he joined our family. Logan's birthdays seem to be a raw and emotional time for me. Not necessarily because he's the baby, but because all that happened surrouding his birth. Not to sound dramatic, but most I still can't openly write about, as the tears will no doubtly make an appearance. But suffice it to say that his birth literally almost killed me(infections, hemorrhaging, pain, fluid in my belly,etc etc etc), Joel was unemployed, Logan screamed, and I do mean SCREAMED every minute he was awake, Reagan was going through a difficult time, and it was just a miserable time for everyone. Poor kid, I still have terrible mommy guilt that he missed out on being a baby for the first six months of his life. I don't feel like we had the opportunity to enjoy him the way we should have been able to enjoy our last little bambino.

But we sure do enjoy him now! Logan's truly a character and found his place rather quickly in this family of boys. He figured out early on that he had better be LOUD to be heard, and he had NO problem adjusting to that need. We used to think Eli was extremely loud, but he pales in comparison to his baby brother. Logan LOVES to laugh, and will repeat jokes he hears and bust out laughing at himself. His latest joke is "Your name? THROW UP!" It's a VERY condensed version, complete with wrong words, of a joke he hears his older brothers tell. Logan is definitely spoiled...not by Joel and I, but by his big brothers. They dote over him and basically give him the sun, the moon, and the stars. Whatever he wants. They want to match him in clothes, they want to draw his name for Christmas exchange, they want him to sleep in their beds, and they want to tote him around like he's their living cabbage patch kid......and it warms my heart to see it all happen. I love you to the moon and back, Logan!
Logan's Top Ten At Age Two (in no specific order)
1. "Daddyyyyyyyyy!"
2. Fire trucks
3. Books
4. Outside
5. His Blanket
6. His Duckie
7. Noah, Eli,and when they aren't home....Jack.
8. Cookies
9. The Honda
10.The Bathroom

4 comments:

Reggs said...

yay Logan! Two?? Is he really TWO?? Crazy.
I also remember that time. *sighs* I understand it all too well, and remember it all too well. You and me, rocking little fussy boy in the wee hours of the morning, trying to figure out what to do with our lives. Not good times, but I'm so glad that we had each other. *HUGS*

Chelsea said...

seriously? logan is TWO? i still remember you going in for your c-section and waiting to be "surprised" that it's a boy and then hanging out at chuck e cheese with logan in the bumbo. i still have 6 month old logan in my brain, which obviously doesn't work since that's how old my jack is right now.

sorensen formula said...

With those blue eyes and that beautiful blond hair you could just eat him up! I also love the shirt you made him you crafty mamma you!

Brian and Melissa said...

I can't believe he is two!!! Where has the time gone. Your boys have all grown up so much and are cute!!!