Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sweet, Sweet Summer


I love summer break! We are three weeks into June and enjoying every non-stressed minute of it! All the boys are home and it's all about having fun and family time. We get to sleep in until either a.) whenever we want or b.) Logan starts yelling all of our names to come get him out of bed. Then it's a low key morning of hot breakfasts and staying in our PJ's. Just this morning we had all four boys in our bed with us, wrestling around, tickling each other and constant laughter. I was in heaven. No dragging boys out of bed at O'dark thirty, no running around like chickens with our heads cut off in order to catch the bus, and no being home in time to meet the bus after school. Our days are filled with going to the swimming pool, meeting Aunt Reagan at the park, playing outside, riding bikes, etc etc etc. The freezer is stocked full of popsicles and frozen treats for the whole neighborhood. We are making yummy lunches and the boys are having a blast making treats with me in the kitchen. At lunchtime, I am feeding half my boys along with half the neighborhood, and other moms are feeding their kids and half my boys. We are grilling out nearly every night and getting together with friends. Jack and Gracie (the neighbor girl) are absolutely inseparable and are busy, Busy BUSY playing constantly. They wander back and forth from our house to theirs, grazing on snacks all day and playing in the circle. Bed time is when we absolutely can't hold up our heads for another minute of fun, or after we're done eating a huge bowl of parmesan popcorn and watching a movie together. THIS is what summer is all about. Wish it could last all year long.

4 comments:

Faye said...

That sounds like so much fun! My schedule is soon to change to where I get Thursday, Friday, and Saturdays off :) We will have to make sure and play

Joel said...

Lisa has kind of become that "neighborhood mom" where all the kids like to hang. I am tripping over kids wherever I go through the house. I love summer. It's my favorite time of the year!

Ali said...

AHHHHH SUMMER!! You are describing my perfect day. Popsicles, staying awake all night, BBQ every day. I LOVE IT!! I've been craving my BBQ ribs now ever since we had them for Memorial Day. I think I'm going to make them again this weekend. THEY ARE AWESOME!!

Summer is the best time of the year. Only made better by vacations, pools and food. Here's to summer!

Our Family said...

SOOO FUN!!!! Our summer hasn't started yet and I'm super bummed about it. I LOVE SUMMER more than any other time, and being as it just seemed to finally get here about a week ago I'm hating that the boys are still in school. AND, that they only get 3 weeks off. 3 STINKING WEEKS! ARGH! Ah well, we'll enjoy it while it lasts...in a week when school is finally over. :) What a cute cute post!!!