Saturday, December 22, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

The countdown is on! The boys are officially out of school for a month and getting more and more hyper by the day. We got a foot of fresh snow and the snowpants, sleds, and hot cocoa have perpetually been out and in use. I LOVE this time of year! The fact that I have three little boys that understand and believe in the concept of Santa Clause is thee best. I have also managed to TiVo every Christmas special that ever was and is and we watch them over and over. Our Christmas tree is up and FINALLY decorated.....although there are no ornaments on the bottom four feet or so. It looks a little odd, but it beats having Logan undecorate the tree on a daily basis. There are also no presents under the tree. Not that we didn't try, but they only lasted a matter of hours, until the coast was clear, and then Jack proceded to unwrap them all. After it happened, Noah promptly called me at work to inform me that he truly believes Jack will only get coal in his stocking this year. There is only one thing better than Christmas time as a child, and that is experiencing Christmas time with your own children. It's absolutely the best. I get just as excited as they do when the snow starts falling, the Christmas music is on, and we see Santa around town. My only wish is that we could have them this age forever......at Christmas time at least.

3 comments:

Reggs said...

YEAAAHHHH!!!! I love that we are going to have a white christmas! Having the tree up makes a huge difference, doesn't it? We need to put up the train, though.
Now the only thing left is lots of presents, a fire in the fireplace, and a cup of hot chocolate. Send the kids out to go sledding and cuddle up with a book. Merry Christmas to you, too!!

Our Family said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE I haven't commented on this! For some reason I thought I had and kept thinking I was the (1) comment on this post and this whole time it was Reagan. DARN IT!! I LOVED this post Lis, you are such a great mom!!! I love how you LOVE them to just enjoy being boys. Love ya!

Chelsea said...

That's a very cute card but are you ever going to post again?!! I'm ready to hear about the next crazy adventure in the joel nielsen family.